Welcome to our shiny new website where we hope you’ll find all the information you need about what we do and how you can help the people just miles away from Jersey in Calais.
Since the groups inception a few weeks ago, the outpouring of support has been incredible with drop off points around the island quickly filling up with donations of all kinds. We’ve been overwhelmed quite frankly with everyone’s generosity and have been working tirelessly to ensure all that goodwill makes the biggest impact it can for the people in the camp at Calais.
Work done so far:
- Consulting the public on courses of action to respond to the crisis
- Collecting and sorting donations at The Bridge
- Addressing local media to highlight the REAL situation in Calais
- Flying to Calais with generous support from the Aero Club to assess the situation and deliver aid
- Fostering relationships with other groups on the ground
- Planning future aid delivery trips
- Communicating with politicians to make sure Jersey is at the forefront of a coordinated effort to alleviate the suffering of the refugees caught up in this crisis.
We would not be able to do this without the kind support of all who have donated, and all who have taken time out to volunteer with us so thank you all.
However, winter is knocking at the door and the people in Calais are without adequate shelter to deal with the conditions. They need warm blankets, insulation, cooking apparatus and above all shelters.
- Wednesday 16th September Joe at K Hair Studio will donate all takings for the day to JCRAG – many thanks to Joe!
- Friday 18th sees another aid delivery from JCRAG where we will deliver warm materials and food as advised by groups operating within Calais.
- Saturday 19th will see a solidarity event and meeting of all different groups from around Europe
- Saturday 19th there is a Car Boot Sale at The Bridge, Le Geyt Road to raise funds
Over the coming weeks and months we will continue to assess the situation and keep you updated on this website and on our Facebook Page about our work and what can be done to help. As the situation is changing everyday please check these regularly.
If you want to get involved, please contact us using the Contact Form
To donate please visit our Gofundme.com page – money will help build shelter.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for your support. The people in Calais need it.
An insight into life in the jungle in Calais from the Independent newspaper:
JCRAG AID DONATION TRIP TO CALAIS SEPT 2015:
Our amazing aid team in Calais taking part in The Official Solidarity March/ aid distribution and organisers’ co-ordination meeting…
At the March and life in the jungle:
FUNDRAISING EVENT; come join us for an evening of film discussion and debate at Jersey Arts Centre, Monday 19th October at 7pm.
Why is there a refugee crisis in Europe? Why are so many people fleeing there homes? Why now? Why are the numbers so huge?
The Jungle in Calais is home to over 4000 refugees who have fled war-torn countries to sleep amid rubbish without adequate shelter or sanitation.
We’ll (JCRAG) be screening three short films as well as our own footage from ‘The Jungle’ in Calais to help explain this situation.
Tickets are £5 and all proceeds will go towards shelter construction in ‘The Jungle’. Tickets can be purchased on Jersey Arts Centre website on link below or at the box office.
Thank you for your support!
The JCRAG Team
JCRAG FIRST BILDING TRIP TO CALAIS OCTOBER 2015:
Our first building trip to Calais !
Our wonderful team who set off Firday night with four vans loaded up with generous donations of materials and hearts of gold!
Building work coming together over the weekend in ‘The Jungle’…
Jersey builders in ‘The Jungle’… Hopefully next weekend a second building mission will build more shelters…
A Massive Thank you to our amazing volunteers who have given not only a roof over heads but dignity and pride in that someone like you care enough to give your time, hard graft and expertise!
Thank you also to everyone who donated funds to this building mission, its was very gratefully received!
To donate towards our next building mission to Calais follow the link:
Donations are always greatly appreciated!